Best Starts for Kids
PSESD’s Strategy, Evaluation and Learning team is helping King County’s Best Starts for Kids (BSK) School Partnership team understand how school-based partnerships are developing and how multiple BSK investments in a school influence the experiences of students. BSK School Partnership investment areas include:
- Trauma-informed and restorative practices
- School-based health centers
- Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment/services
- Out of school time
- Youth development
- Healthy and safe environment
It’s all about equity!
We want to help organizations and schools build more effective partnerships. We want to know how partnerships form, how different organizations are connected (or not connected) to each other, what works, and what doesn’t work.
- What do equitable school partnerships look like, and what are the key supporting factors?
- What is the relationship between equitable partnerships and school-wide changes in policies, systems, environments and student well-being?
- How can King County support equitable partnerships?
Best Starts for Kids Year 1 Final Report
Best Starts for Kids Year 1 Executive Summary
Best Starts for Kids Year 1 Mini-Case Study: Mill Creek Middle School
Recording: Best Starts for Kids School Partnerships Evaluation Webinar with Panel from Mill Creek Middle School